Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Introduction

This group is a collaboration of the Moleskine Exchange and the Portrait Party. This blog will follow the adventures of a group of artists from around the world, in a Moleskine sketchbook exchange.

Begun by art teacher Rama Hughes, the portrait party is an old idea revisited. As a child his family would gather around at parties and take turns modeling and drawing one another. Continuing in this tradition, the portrait party is a vehicle for artists from all over to pair up and draw one another.

Getting started:
Each artist will set off with a Moleskine in which they will draw their self-portrait. The book is then passed to the next artist who will add a self-portrait and a portrait of the book's owner. When the artist's book has reached the last member it will be returned to the owner. Artists have one month to make an entry.

The concept:

1. The artists start with a large Moleskine sketchbook - Name, address, email address written in book. The book owner should include a few snapshots inside the back pocket and/or upload photos or video to their flickr account for the artists to choose from.

2. Each artist gets 1 month to make a sketchbook entry.

3. Please communicate regularly via email. Let each person know that you have received/sent the book. The goal is to have a dialogue. Any comments and questions are welcome.


The moly_x_project was begun by Marty Harris, Minnesota, USA.
The portrait party was begun by Rama Hughes, Los Angeles, USA.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in! my e-mail is awesomdude436@gmail.com
my address is 1207 Cary Court, owensboro KY, 42301
United states
Can't wait to get started!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Nightmare said...

I would like join is there still room? Here is my email:
nightmarephotography@gmail.com

miss k said...

Ya. I want to participate too. My email is katinaschell@katinaschell.com
I will send you my address...

trodgers said...

Is there room for one more? Or should I wait for number three? My email is tiffany.rodgers@gmail.com.

Tim Clary said...

I'm a little late to the party but I'm interested if we're still taking sign ups. My e-mail is clarytp@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

OK. I am interested too if there is room

My email is amritab@yahoo.com and flickr name is amritainbrooklyn.

Contact me if I can join this one.

Amy said...

Aw, what the hey.

Can I join too if there is room?

My email is mimi@asifcomic.com and my name's Amy.

My flickr profile is here

Unknown said...

yeah, i'd like to join if it's still open?
my email is
idlg@sbcglobal.net
http://idlg.deviantart.com/
is a page for me as well
as http://www.flickr.com/photos/idlg/

Marty Harris said...

I am so sorry that I didn't see the comments at the bottom of this entry until now. Please let me know if you are still interested in this group. Please send me a Flickrmail, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrtyhrrs/.

Ollif said...

Hm, this ritation will be rather quick! All of you are from the USA)))
Cheers

wrr said...

I'm interested too. Saw this on http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintistworks/

My email addy is winnierose.reyes@gmail.com and my flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrreyes/

sddonlon said...

Hi all, I'd like to join, if you have room. My email is "sherri@thedonlonfamily.com"

Shalanna said...

Oh, my stars! How fantastic!! Are you still accepting new members? I am not that great an artist, but I am fascinated--as a child, I used to have pen-pals all over the world, and we would exchange sketches and letters on airmail vellum paper until the other kid got interested in boys or sports and would stop writing to me. *GRIN* Can I join? Can you tell me where to go to be screened or whatnot? Email is (remove the spaces) shalanna AT tx DOT rr DOT com and Please Do Email ME Someone if you would! I mean, even if you are closed now. Would just like to know.

sddonlon said...

I'm in, if there's still room!! My email is sherri@thedonlonfamily.com
Please email me for more info.. I've never done this before and need to know what to do!! :D

heiDi said...

ok!
here's my email address:
hi.dee122@gmail.com
and my house address:
671 Castlebar Dr.
Rochester Hills, MI 48309